9.12.06

the day started of like all the others, i really didn't want to get out of bed again. there's something about this time of year that makes me so tired, and not just physically tired either. things also seem to have a habit of piling up at this time of year, much like the leaves outside.
I went through the normal morning ritual of breakfast and all that. As usual i was interrogated over my cornflakes by mother, i'm guessing i gave all the right answers because it didn't disintergrate into a slanging match, which is good, because although i'm louder and more forceful, i nearly always lose them.
after the rigmarol of breakfast, i quickly washed and styled my hair, usually it doesn't have any sort of style, but for once i thought it'd be good to make some sort of effort for a change. I got into the car and drove on auto pilot to work, the trip takes about half hour and give me a nice chance to think about things again, because i do the journey so often, i know just where i'm going and when my turn is coming up with out thinking about it.
work normally consists of me sitting in my little booth, staring at the computer, trying to make out just those figures mean. but today something different was happening, although i didn't realise it initially. today there were more people than usual in the office, they were all gathered at the far end of the room when i entered and sat down by my desk. they all looked slightly nervous, unsure of what to do almost. i ignored them for the most part and settled into my uncomfortable chair and switched everything on. light. computer. monitor. there's something satisfying about the hum that it sends up when you switch it on. lots of people in the office have switched to those tft flat monitors, but i still like my big chunky one.
as i'm waiting for the system to boot up i shift uneasily in my chair, for such a large number of people in the office, it's eerily quiet and i don't like it. i ease myself up to have a look over the top of the partition at them, trying to gauge what they're all interested in.
as i lower myself back into that damned chair, i notice that there's something weird happening with my computer screen, the colours are all weird and running into each other and into red, everything's red. then it started, the noise. a low chittering. i couldn't work out where it was coming form initially, but it was from the computer, i don't have speaker though. then there were the eyes appearing through the red, blinking at me as the chittering grew. i looked up again to see what the rest of the group were doing. there was one guy looking up at me, he was in the front of the group, but he was stood up straight, and looking at me. no it was more than that, he was glaring, actually trying to bore a hole through my skull with his eyes.
i sat back down quickly, staring back at the screen in front of me, more eyes were peering through the red now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Les Q said...

some fun poems...followed from peeps

11:55 am  
Blogger notfearingchange said...

dude,
your photo is definitely well...it caught my attention! ;-)

NFC

11:49 pm  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

do you live with your mother?
just wondering because you said you ate corn flakes with her?

I spend alot of time at my mothers house

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home